NBA releases schedule for Cavs-Warriors III
For seven months, the NBA season has been building toward the third consecutive Finals meeting between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors. The Cavs' Game 5 romp over the Boston Celtics on Thursday night clinched it.
Shortly after the unprecedented, highly anticipated re-rematch was booked, the NBA released the schedule for the series. We'll have to wait almost a week to get the goods. The Finals will tip off June 1.
|1||Warriors||Cavaliers||Thu, June 1||9 p.m. ET||ABC|
|2||Warriors||Cavaliers||Sun, June 4||8 p.m. ET||ABC|
|3||Cavaliers||Warriors||Wed, June 7||9 p.m. ET||ABC|
|4||Cavaliers||Warriors||Fri, June 9||9 p.m. ET||ABC|
|5*||Warriors||Cavaliers||Mon, June 12||9 p.m. ET||ABC|
|6*||Cavaliers||Warriors||Thu, June 15||9 p.m. ET||ABC|
|7*||Warriors||Cavaliers||Sun, June 18||8 p.m. ET||ABC|
* If necessary
As if these teams weren't getting enough rest after making mincemeat of their respective conferences (the Warriors are 12-0 in the postseason, the Cavs 12-1), only once during the series will they play after a single day of rest. All the other games will be separated by at least two days.
- Fields to start vs. Browns with Dalton out due to knee injury
- Report: NFL has no immediate plans to change taunting rule enforcement
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Kings extend Petersen on 3-year deal with $5M AAV
- NFL Week 3 O/U best bets: Fade Jets, Texans and their rookie QBs