Playoff Percentages: Kings stay in contention, idle Bruins take a hit
Through the remainder of the regular season, we'll take a look at how each night's action impacts the playoff race, identifying which teams' postseason odds went up or down significantly.
Thursday night was more about keeping pace than cementing playoff berths.
Wins by the New York Islanders, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Tampa Bay Lightning did very little to decongest the race for the final wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Meanwhile, in the West, the Los Angeles Kings kept themselves in the hunt with a win over the Nashville Predators, and the Calgary Flames' eighth straight win gave them a nice cushion in the first wild-card spot.
Idle clubs like the Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues were certainly not pleased with Thursday's outcomes.
|Islanders||W/OT 4-3 vs Canucks||61.4%||+4.4%|
|Lightning||W 4-1 vs Wild||16.7%||+3.6%|
|Flyers||L 4-2 vs Maple Leafs||1.8%||-3.2%|
|Kings||W/OT 4-3 vs Predators||42.4%||+4.4%|
|Flames||W 5-0 vs Canadiens||94.4%||+2.4%|
|Predators||L/OT 4-3 vs Kings||81.1%||-3.5%|
To see percentages for each team in the league, visit Sports Club Stats.
- Verhaeghe's OT winner lifts Panthers over Golden Knights in Game 3
- Abreu takes responsibility for Astros' loss, feels like 'absolute crap'
- Report: Ryan Huska top contender for Flames' head coaching vacancy
- Report: Mets eyeing Reds' Diaz to bolster bullpen
- Nevada Senate vote on proposed A’s stadium in Las Vegas extended until next week