LeBron passes Elvin Hayes for 9th on all-time scoring list
LeBron James continues his irrepressible ascent into rarefied NBA air.
With his 26th and 27th points Friday night against his former team, the Miami Heat, James surged past Elvin Hayes and into ninth place on the league's all-time scoring list.
He finished the Cavaliers' 114-84 win with 27,315 career regular-season points.
James started the season sitting in 11th all-time. He passed Hakeem Olajuwon - who was drafted by the Houston Rockets the year they lost Hayes to retirement - back in November.
He now has yet another Rockets legend in Moses Malone directly in his sights.
It's only a matter of time until he climbs another rung.
- Canucks fall to Avs, drop 3 straight for 1st time this season
- Shesterkin makes 41 saves, Rangers top Stars for 8th straight win
- Ovechkin, McMichael each score twice as Capitals crush Devils
- Report: Brewers, Sánchez restructure deal over wrist concerns
- Report: Dubas listening on all Penguins' non-core players