Papelbon plays barista on Nationals bench
He was also supplying teammates with hearty cups of joe.
The injured closer, who's on the disabled list with a right intercostal strain, decided to rock some sunglasses on the team's bench despite it being a night game and also delivered French-press coffee.
It was a sweet gesture from the six-time All-Star, although whatever he was talking to teammate Chris Heisey about didn't seem to be as exciting.
The 35-year-old Papelbon is 1-2 with a 3.28 ERA and 16 saves in 18 chances.
(Video courtesy: MLB.com)
- Best moments from the Avalanche's Stanley Cup parade
- Report: Jazz trade Royce O'Neale to Nets for 2023 1st-round pick
- Report: Lightning working with McDonagh to find trade fit
- Durant requests trade from Nets, reportedly prefers Suns, Heat
- Report: Heat's Tucker unlikely to return amid interest from Nets, 76ers, others