RB Leipzig manager injures himself while celebrating promotion
RasenBallsport Leipzig's promotion to the Bundesliga came at a cost for Ralf Rangnick, the Red Bull-backed club's manager.
After RB Leipzig defeated Karlsruher SC 2-0 on Sunday and secured its place in next season's Bundesliga, Rangnick was running in an attempt to avoid being showered in beer when he suffered a muscle ailment. Insult was then added to injury when Davie Selke proceeded to soak the German manager as he was on the ground in obvious pain.
Asked if he had spoken to Rangnick about the injury, Selke replied: "No, I'm too scared! That's why I'm giving so many interviews, so I don't have to go back to the dressing room ... I'll have to run away. It's not good.
"He definitely tried to run away from me, which isn't a good idea - I caught him up, I won the race. Then something happened - he probably didn't warm up enough."
- Report: Vogel had approval from Lakers to bench Westbrook
- Chiefs' Gay arrested for misdemeanor criminal damage
- Sixth Man of the Year rankings: Who's been the best bench asset so far?
- 2022 Baseball HOF: Intriguing cases linger at bottom of ballot
- 49ers-Packers betting preview: Dare to compare in the NFC divisional round