Report: Wild sign former Golden Gophers captain Sammy Walker
The Minnesota Wild have added a local product to their organization.
The team signed University of Minnesota captain Sammy Walker to a two-year, entry-level contract, The Athletic's Michael Russo reports.
Walker, a native of Edina, Minnesota, recorded 112 points in 144 games in his four-year NCAA career. He wore the "C" for the Golden Gophers in his final three campaigns. The 5-foot-11 center tallied 14 goals and 13 assists in 39 contests during his senior year.
The 23-year-old was initially a seventh-round pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2017 but became an unrestricted free agent on Monday after not signing with the club.
- Wild snap 7-game skid with win in Hynes' debut behind bench
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- Giannis, Dame combine for 65, Bucks earn quarterfinal berth by topping Heat
- Brown scores 30 as Celtics pound Bulls to advance in In-Season Tournament
- Knicks rout Hornets to earn In-Season Tournament quarterfinals berth