Former No. 1 recruit Nolen enters portal after 2 seasons at Texas A&M
Defensive lineman Walter Nolen is entering the transfer portal after a pair of seasons at Texas A&M, the sophomore told On3's Hayes Fawcett on Sunday.
Nolen joined the Aggies as a five-star recruit and the No. 1 overall prospect of the 2022 class in the ESPN 300. The defensive tackle has two years of eligibility left.
The Tennessee native appeared in 12 games in 2023, registering 37 tackles (8.5 for loss) and four sacks, up from one sack as a sophomore in 2022.
Nolen's decision to enter the portal comes hours after Elijah Robinson left Texas A&M to become Syracuse's defensive coordinator. Robinson served as the Aggies' defensive line coach and co-defensive coordinator in 2023. He was also the team's interim head coach after Jimbo Fisher was fired with two games remaining.
Texas A&M recently announced former Duke boss Mike Elko as its new head coach.
- Manziel avoiding Heisman event to support Bush
- NCAA rules committee suggests changes similar to NFL games
- NCAA pausing investigations into 3rd-party NIL deals
- Iowa State gambling case prosecutor files motion to dismiss remaining charges
- Pac-12 commissioner-elect weighing options for Oregon State, Washington State