No. 4 Florida State survives OT test, tops Clemson for 1st time since 2014
Quarterback Jordan Travis found wide receiver Keon Coleman for a 24-yard touchdown in overtime to lift No. 4 Florida State to a 31-24 win against Clemson.
The victory marks the Seminoles' first win over Clemson since 2014 following seven straight losses to their ACC rivals. The defeat also marks Clemson's first conference home loss since 2016.
Following Coleman’s touchdown, the Noles halted the Tigers on a fourth and short to secure the victory. Florida State's defense stepped up throughout Saturday’s contest, scoring on 56-yard fumble return and recording six tackles for loss and three sacks in the win.
Travis also registered his 82nd total touchdown with FSU on Saturday to set a new school record. He went 21 of 37 versus Clemson with 289 yards and three total touchdowns.
Florida State remains undefeated with its dramatic win over the Tigers. Meanwhile, Clemson dropped to 2-2 and is still winless in ACC action.
- Report: Syracuse targeting Georgia DBs coach, top recruiter Brown for HC job
- Elko introduced as Texas A&M head coach: 'Back where I belong'
- Harbaugh: Michigan-Ohio State hatred is 'manufactured'
- Washington Supreme Court stays ruling on Pac-12 control
- Report: Florida fires 2 assistants to begin defensive overhaul