No. 4 RB Owens commits to Texas A&M hours after leaving Louisville
The Texas native is the No. 42 overall recruit in the 2023 class and the fourth-ranked player at his position on the ESPN 300.
"They've been recruiting me for a while," Owens said, according to Nick Harris of Rivals.com. "(Running backs coach Tommie Robinson) and Coach Jimbo (Fisher) have been trying hard, even when I was committed."
In June, the 5-foot-11, 180-pounder picked Louisville over Texas A&M, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, among others. His decision to decommit from the Cardinals earlier Wednesday came just days after head coach Scott Satterfield left Louisville to take the same position at Cincinnati.
The Aggies will benefit from the addition of a big recruit at running back after Devon Achane declared for the 2023 NFL Draft on Tuesday.
- Georgia's Bennett arrested on public intoxication charge
- Report: Harbaugh met with Broncos owner before recommitting to Michigan
- Georgia: SUV in crash was for recruiting, not personal use
- Michigan State players involved in tunnel incident likely to have cases dismissed
- Miami fires OC Gattis after 1 season