2024 top dual-threat QB Lagway commits to Florida
Lagway is the No. 12 overall recruit in his class on the ESPN Jr. 300. The five-star recruit is also the top-ranked dual-threat quarterback in 2024.
The Texas native chose Florida over USC, Clemson, Baylor, and Texas A&M.
"I feel they're going to build something special and I definitely want to be part of it," Lagway said, according to Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports.
He added, "The coaching staff, I have a really good relationship with those guys. I love the system that they have. Coach (Billy) Napier has an amazing system and I feel I fit perfectly in there."
Lagway is the second big quarterback recruit to join Florida after Jaden Rashada, a 2023 four-star passer who flipped his commitment from Miami in November.
The Gators have questions under center after starter Anthony Richardson decided to enter the 2023 NFL Draft.
- Oklahoma, Texas to keep rivalry game at Cotton Bowl Stadium through 2036
- Iowa DC Parker wins Broyles Award as college football's top assistant
- CFB Bowl Tracker: See where your team is headed for postseason play
- Former Texas Tech QB Shough transferring to Louisville
- Penn State's Chop Robinson declares for draft, will skip bowl