Report: Kansas extends coach Leipold through 2029
It's the second time the 58-year-old has inked an extension in 2022, as he agreed to a new contract in September that ran through the 2027 campaign, according to Matt Fortuna of The Athletic.
Leipold helped the Jayhawks post a 6-5 record and become bowl eligible for the first time since 2008. Kansas began the year with five straight wins but hasn't been able to maintain that success since quarterback Jalon Daniels went down with a shoulder injury against TCU on Oct. 8.
This is Leipold's second campaign at Kansas. The Wisconsin native, who previously coached Buffalo from 2015-20, went 2-10 in his first year with the Jayhawks.
- NC State turns to Morris at QB over Armstrong ahead of Marshall game
- AP Poll: Georgia's hold on No. 1 loosens, but top 7 unchanged
- CFB Wrap-up: Takeaways from Week 5's biggest games
- Illegal sports wagering case against Iowa State's Hanika dismissed
- Tennessee's McCoy has surgery to repair displaced fracture on ankle