Texas bolsters 2023 class with commitment of 4-star WR Cook
Texas isn't done with its 2023 recruiting class just yet.
Four-star wide receiver Johntay Cook II committed to the Longhorns on Wednesday, he announced on Twitter.
Cook is ranked the No. 43 overall recruit in the 2023 class by ESPN and ninth at his position.
A Texas native, Cook credited five-star quarterback Arch Manning, who the Longhorns landed last week, for playing a part in his decision.
"Arch committed and we’ve gotten 12-13 commitments in the last three days," Cook said to Sam Spiegelman of On3. "Arch really set it off. We’ve been talking once a week and commitment came up. He gave me the impression he was waiting on me and wouldn’t commit until I committed, but he pulled the trigger and it’s working out.”
Texas has been on a tear since Manning's commitment, already adding the likes of Jonah Wilson, Derek Williams, and Connor Stroh.
- Saban envisions CFP drawing solely from 2-3 megaconferences
- Calipari calls Kentucky a 'basketball school,' riling Stoops
- Notre Dame AD: Big Ten deal with NBC 'perfect' for Irish
- Alabama's Earle to miss start of season with foot injury
- Former Washington State coach Rolovich files wrongful termination claim