Emory Jones transferring to Arizona State
Jones will be immediately eligible for the Sun Devils and have two years of eligibility remaining, a source told ESPN's Pete Thamel.
The Georgia native spent four seasons with the Gators before announcing his intention to leave the program in December. Jones passed for 2,734 yards, 19 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions while completing 64.7% of his passes in 2021.
He lost playing time last season to Anthony Richardson, who's expected to remain the Gators' starting signal-caller.
The Sun Devils add veteran experience under center after former starter Jayden Daniels transferred to LSU this offseason. Daniels accumulated 6,025 yards, 32 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions over three seasons at Arizona State.
- ACC ditching divisions, moving to 3-5-5 schedule format in 2023
- Sarkisian pleased with Texas' recruiting: It's 'been a great run'
- Report: Big 12 targeting Roc Nation exec Yormark as next commish
- Alabama lands commitment from No. 2 CB Tony Mitchell
- Miami lands No. 1 dual-threat QB recruit Jaden Rashada