Texas hires former TCU coach Patterson
Patterson coached the Horned Frogs for 21 seasons before the two sides mutually agreed to part ways in October. The 61-year-old compiled a 181-79 record at TCU but had two losing seasons in his last three campaigns.
The program hired Sonny Dykes to replace Patterson ahead of the 2022 season.
Patterson went 7-3 against the Longhorns after TCU joined the Big 12 in 2012. Texas was able to defeat Patterson in their final matchup last season.
With Patterson, the Longhorns will look to improve a defensive unit that allowed 31.1 points and 425.6 yards per game in 2021.
- 4-star QB Holstein joins Bama after decommitting from Texas A&M in March
- Nebraska ending traditional 1st-touchdown balloon release
- Spurrier backs Alabama's Saban in feud with Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher
- ACC revenue up in 2020-21 with Notre Dame in football chase
- Mountain West to eliminate football divisions in 2023