Report: Cincinnati head coach Fickell expected to be in mix for NFL jobs
It's unclear whether Fickell will be interested in leaving the Bearcats after a historic 2021 campaign with the school, Pelissero notes.
The 48-year-old reportedly spoke with the Detroit Lions last year after they fired head coach Matt Patricia. Detroit ended up hiring Dan Campbell on a six-year contract.
Fickell's done a tremendous job since joining Cincinnati in 2017, leading the club to a 48-14 record. The Bearcats, who improved to 13-0 after clinching the AAC title Saturday, became the first Group of 5 team to earn a College Football Playoff berth.
- Big Ten signs 7-year media deal with CBS, Fox, NBC for reported $7B
- Power 5 preview: Each Big Ten team's key word for the 2022 season
- FIU's Luke Knox, brother of Bills' Dawson Knox, dies at 22
- Report: CFP board ponders breaking football away from NCAA governance
- Power 5 preview: Most important name for each Big 12 team