Mizzou's Drinkwitz throws shade at Florida, Mullen: 'You reap what you sow'
"My father-in-law is a farmer and there's an old saying: You reap what you sow," Drinkwitz said Tuesday, according to Nick Bromberg of Yahoo Sports.
"And I believe that just like everything else, yeah, if you sow kindness, you reap kindness. If you sow jackass-ability, you get jackass-ability. I've done my fair share of jabbing people and know that it'll come back to you, so I think it's just part of the game."
Things got heated between Missouri and Florida last year, with a brawl unfolding at the end of the first half of their meeting. The Gators went on to beat the Tigers, and Mullen went viral after the game for wearing a Darth Vader costume during his press conference.
On Saturday, Drinkwitz got his revenge, using another "Star Wars" reference to troll Mullen postgame after the Missouri victory.
The Gators fired Mullen after the contest, ending his tenure after three-plus seasons. Florida is 5-6 this season and has lost five straight games against Power 5 opponents.
Meanwhile, Missouri has won six games, including two in a row.
- Big Ten signs 7-year media deal with CBS, Fox, NBC for reported $7B
- Power 5 preview: Each Big Ten team's key word for the 2022 season
- FIU's Luke Knox, brother of Bills' Dawson Knox, dies at 22
- Report: CFP board ponders breaking football away from NCAA governance
- Power 5 preview: Most important name for each Big 12 team