Maui Invitational relocating to Honolulu in wake of devastating wildfires
The Maui Invitational will be held in Honolulu this year because of the wildfires that devastated Lahaina, where the tournament usually is played.
Games will be played at the Stan Sheriff Center on Hawaii's campus on Nov. 20-22 and the tournament will again feature a loaded field that includes potential top-10 teams Kansas, Purdue, Gonzaga, Tennessee and Marquette. Syracuse, Chaminade and UCLA round out the field.
This is the third time in four years the tournament has had to be played somewhere other than Maui. Restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic forced tournament officials to move the event to Asheville, North Carolina in 2020 and it was relocated to Las Vegas in 2021.
AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-basketball-poll
- Southern closes with 12-0 run to stun No. 21 Mississippi State
- Balanced scoring propels No. 11 Gonzaga past USC in Las Vegas
- Bronny James takes pregame warmups with USC as return draws nearer
- Watch: Vermont stuns Yale with crazy 6-point swing in final 3.8 seconds
- No. 9 Baylor maintains perfect start with win over Northwestern State