Report: Love won't transfer to Michigan, re-enters portal
Former North Carolina guard Caleb Love is no longer transferring to Michigan and will re-open his recruitment, sources told CBS Sports' Matt Norlander.
Love's transfer to the Wolverines was reportedly halted due to the guard not possessing the required credits to enroll.
He's not expected to return to North Carolina, Norlander reports.
The 21-year-old entered the portal in late March following three seasons at Chapel Hill. He announced his intention to join Michigan for his senior season April 7.
Love averaged 14.6 points, 3.3 assists, and 3.3 rebounds in 101 games over three years with North Carolina. He was a key figure in the Tar Heels' run to the 2022 national tournament final, where they fell 72-69 to Kansas.
- Northwestern stuns No. 1 Purdue in OT to begin Big Ten play
- No. 5 Kansas survives No. 4 UConn in nonconference thriller
- Cryer scores 23 points in No. 6 Houston's tight victory over Xavier
- CBB weekend best bets: Dickinson's Jayhawks host defending champs
- LeBron would skip Lakers game to watch Bronny's USC debut