NC State star Smith day-to-day after scary fall vs. UNC
NC State star Terquavion Smith is day-to-day after reporting neck and elbow pain as well as numbness in his right arm following a scary fall Saturday against North Carolina, the school announced Sunday.
Smith's X-rays were negative, and he was released from hospital later in the evening.
The sophomore guard was injured on a drive to the basket midway through the second half and taken off the court on a stretcher.
Smith is averaging an ACC-leading 18.7 points to go along with 4.5 assists, 3.5 boards, and 1.8 steals per contest. He ranks ninth in the conference in free-throw attempts (92) and 19th in defensive rating (99.2).
Smith is among 25 players on the midseason Wooden Award watch list. He's projected to be a first-round NBA draft pick this summer.
- Edey shines in Toronto homecoming as No. 4 Purdue holds off Alabama
- No. 1 Arizona looks comfortable in top spot, rolls past No. 23 Wisconsin
- Dickinson's double-double helps lead No. 2 Kansas over rival Missouri
- USC sells out of tickets for Bronny James' debut vs. Long Beach State
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters