No. 24 San Diego State blows out Division III Occidental
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Adam Seiko scored 20 points, including six 3s, to lead No. 24 San Diego State over Division III Occidental 95-57 on Friday night.
The Aztecs (6-2) hit 19 of 37 shots from 3-point range. They won their second in a row after consecutive defeats to Arizona and Arkansas at the Maui Invitational.
San Diego State did not use regulars Aguek Arup (knee) and Darrion Trammell (hamstring).
Occidental (2-3) trailed 30-18 with 7:40 left in the first half. The Aztecs then broke loose and led 59-29 at the break.
Aiden Williams scored 14 points for the Tigers.
Occidental: The Tigers lost their other matchup this season with a Division 1 school, a 106-30 drubbing at UC-Riverside on Nov. 19.
San Diego State: The Aztecs are 61-9 record in their last 70 non-conference games.
Occidental plays on consecutive days for back-to-back road games, traveling to Division III Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (6-1) for a matchup Saturday afternoon.
San Diego State hosts Troy (6-2) of the Sun Belt Conference on Monday night. Troy has road victories over Florida State and Montana and gave Arkansas a tough game on the road on Monday night.
AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-basketball-poll and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25
- Final Four preview: FAU takes on San Diego State in all-time unlikely matchup
- Final Four preview: Old Big East foes UConn, Miami fight for title berth
- Projected lottery pick, Kansas guard Dick declares for draft
- Report: Michigan star Dickinson enters transfer portal
- Purdue's Edey named AP men's player of the year in near-unanimous vote