Wisconsin adds Wofford transfer Max Klesmit to backcourt
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin has added former Wofford guard Max Klesmit as the Badgers continue reshaping their roster.
Klesmit, who is from Neenah, Wisconsin, scored 14.9 points per game for Wofford this past season and earned third-team all-Southern Conference honors. The 6-foot-3 Klesmit also had 2.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
He had 8.2 points and 2.7 rebounds per game as a freshman in 2020-21.
This announcement comes three weeks after Wisconsin added Green Bay transfer Kamari McGee, a 6-foot guard from Racine who averaged 11.6 points for the Phoenix this past season.
Wisconsin must replace All-America guard Johnny Davis and second-leading scorer Brad Davison from a team that went 25-8, won a share of the Big Ten regular-season title and reached the NCAA Tournament’s round of 32 during the 2021-22 campaign.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-basketball-poll and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25
- Big 12 commish touts 'plan' after exploring expansion options
- Edey withdraws from NBA draft, will return to Purdue
- G League Ignite signs 2023 top prospects Holland, Buzelis
- Ex-UNC guard Love transfers to Arizona after decommitting from Michigan
- North Carolina 5-star commit Elliot Cadeau joining 2023 class