Duke adds to top-ranked 2022 recruit class with 4-star guard Schutt
The post-Mike Krzyzewski era at Duke is looking very bright indeed.
Jaden Schutt, the 12th-ranked shooting guard and No. 47 overall recruit on the 2022 ESPN 100, committed to join the Blue Devils for the 2022-23 season, the first campaign under incoming head coach Jon Scheyer.
"It was just the relationship with the coaching staff; they never really pressured me," the Illinois native explained to ESPN's Jezz Borzello and Adam Finkelstein. "I just felt I could talk to them about anything, I just enjoyed talking to them. It didn't feel like I was being recruited. They made me feel like a priority, but it felt all genuine."
Schutt joins a recruiting class that already boasts Dariq Whitehead, the No. 5 overall prospect and top-ranked small forward, and Kyle Filipowski, the No. 10 prospect and top-ranked power forward.
Krzyzewski, the Blue Devils' longtime bench boss, announced in June that the upcoming season would be the last of his Hall of Fame run in college basketball, a 40-year span that has produced five national championships to date.
- Top-ranked Gonzaga fully reloaded after run to championship game
- No. 12 Memphis poised to chase title with No. 1 class, vets
- Expectations high at UConn in coach Hurley's 4th season
- Hall of Famer, Olympic coach Wright returns to loaded Villanova
- Beard builds transfer-heavy lineup for debut season at No. 5 Texas