Baylor secures commitment from 5-star 2022 recruit Keyonte George
National Champions Baylor landed a commitment from five-star recruit Keyonte George on Sunday.
George has vaulted to No. 2 in ESPN's Top 100 for 2022 following the reclassifications of fellow prized recruits Emoni Bates and Jalen Duren.
The 6-foot-4 shooting guard from iSchool in Lewisville (Texas) is joining Baylor after the school's first NCAA Division I men's basketball title.
"I felt like Baylor was the best fit for me as a scoring guard," George told ESPN's Paul Biancardi and Jeff Borzello.
"Seeing how they played this year shows that they let their guards go," he continued. "They were already a winning culture and their playing style helped with my decision, but them winning it all didn't play a part in it.
"It was mostly the relationship with coach (Scott) Drew and their play style. Their plan is to develop me and make me the best version of myself, help my team win, and hopefully get to the next level."
George, who also considered offers from Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas, and Kentucky, is the Bears' second commitment for the class of 2022 alongside Ypsi Prep Academy point guard Dillon Hunter.
- Long Beach State spoils Bronny's NCAA debut with OT win over USC
- Jones scores 29, Memphis beats No. 21 Texas A&M
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Washington rallies in 2nd half, tops No. 7 Gonzaga
- Ighodaro scores 20 points, No. 8 Marquette rolls past Notre Dame