Report: Gonzaga's Nembhard returning for senior year
Gonzaga is primed for another run at its first national championship.
The Florida transfer was a key part of last season's squad, averaging 9.9 points, 4.4 assists, and 1.1 steals over 32 appearances in 2020-21. He was also named WCC Sixth Man of the Year and earned All-WCC second-team honors.
Nembhard started 16 games last season but is expected to take the reins at the point after Jalen Suggs declared for the NBA draft.
Gonzaga also added No. 1 recruit Chet Holmgren on Monday, while five-star guard Hunter Sallis committed in March. Despite losing Suggs, Corey Kispert, and Joel Ayayi, the school is expected to be among next season's contenders.
The Bulldogs are still awaiting a decision from big man Drew Timme, who won last year's Karl Malone Award as the nation's top power forward.
- SEC welcomes Texas, Oklahoma after boards accept invitations
- SEC presidents unanimously vote to allow Texas, Oklahoma into conference
- Duke lands Filipowski as 1st recruit of Scheyer era
- Bowlsby says ESPN helping other conferences poach Big 12 schools
- Odds to be drafted No. 3 overall: Evan Mobley, Scottie Barnes trending up