Kawhi Leonard panicked after misplacing Wingstop coupons
The 24-year-old phenom told Sports Illustrated's Lee Jenkins he became anxious earlier in the season after misplacing his coupons for free wings.
He is happy to sponsor Wingstop, which sends him coupons for free wings, so he can feed his Mango Habanero addiction. This winter, after his $94-million contract kicked in, he panicked when he lost his coupons. Wingstop generously replenished his supply.
Leonard's frugalness doesn't stop at free food, as he's yet to ditch his '97 Chevy Tahoe - a car he's had since he was teenager.
"It runs," Leonard told Jenkins, "and it's paid off."
- Report: Irving not at media day due to health and safety protocols
- Nuggets ink Porter to 5-year max extension
- Towns 'still dealing with a lot of shit' after COVID-19 struggles
- Zion underwent foot surgery, likely ready for start of season
- Grizzlies' Morant, Bane considered family, others when getting vaccine