LeBron after go-ahead 3-pointer vs. Raptors: 'That's what I came here for'
Sometimes it feels like stars in today's NBA swap teams with the express purpose of hitting backbreaking daggers against the Toronto Raptors.
From ESPN's Dave McMenamin:
The crowd went bananas, and so did James for a split second. He yelled something to the packed stands as he ran back toward the bench after a Toronto timeout.
What was he saying?
"I don't know," James said. "It's the heat of the battle. It was a good shot."
He knew, of course. It wasn't your run-of-the mill celebratory scream. There was a message he wanted to share.
Didn't I see you saying, "That's what I came here for?" I asked James after most of the media had dispersed.
"Yeah," James said with a smile. "Yeah, that's what I said."
Apparently, LeBron's purpose has never been a mystery to Cavaliers head coach David Blatt.
"I know what LeBron is here for," Blatt said. "And I know why he's here. Because he wants to be. So maybe that effort that you saw and maybe what he laid out there tonight for his team and for his fans sort of speaks to that."
- Ball among 4 Hornets to enter COVID-19 health and safety protocols
- Warriors pull away late to snap Suns' 18-game win streak
- LeBron: NBA's COVID-19 testing process 'handled very poorly'
- Trail Blazers fire GM Olshey following investigation into workplace conduct
- Patty Mills 'can light it up,' but he's the NBA's model role player