Report: DeJuan Blair's deal with Wizards for 3 years, $6 million
Tap here to access our NBA Tracker, which includes offseason rumors, trades and signings.
With the Washington Wizards reportedly on the verge of acquiring DeJuan Blair via a sign-and-trade with the Dallas Mavericks, details of the center's new contract have emerged.
Assuming the numbers are correct, the move seems like a steal for the Wizards, who will now boast a big man rotation of Marcin Gortat, Nene, Kevin Seraphin, and Blair.
At 6-foot-7, Blair is an undersized center, but he possesses a solid rebounding game and a frame that allows him to go up against almost any center in the league.
The Pittsburgh product averaged 6.4 points and 4.7 rebounds over 15.6 minutes per game last season, while posting a true shooting percentage of 55.7 percent and an impressive player efficiency rating of 17.3.
- Report: Irving not at media day due to health and safety protocols
- Nuggets ink Porter to 5-year max extension
- Towns 'still dealing with a lot of shit' after COVID-19 struggles
- Zion underwent foot surgery, likely ready for start of season
- Grizzlies' Morant, Bane considered family, others when getting vaccine