Spurs sign Vassell to 5-year, $146M extension
The San Antonio Spurs signed guard Devin Vassell to a five-year, $146-million contract extension, his agents told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
His new deal doesn't include any options and is guaranteed with the exception of $11 million in bonuses, sources told HoopsHype's Michael Scotto.
Vassell is the sixth player from the 2020 draft class to secure a rookie-scale contract extension.
The Florida State product was productive when healthy, averaging 18.5 points, 3.9 boards, 3.6 assists, and 1.1 steals over 38 appearances last season. He shot a career-high 38.7% from beyond the arc.
San Antonio drafted Vassell with the 11th overall pick.
- Lakers win debut NBA Cup behind dominant performances from LeBron, AD
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Kyrie suffered heel contusion in win over Blazers
- Kerr: Warriors are 'good enough to win a championship'
- Green, VanVleet combine for 51 as Rockets beat Nuggets for 1st road win