NBA Podcast: How KP, Smart, and other draft-day trades fit with new teams
Nick Grace / Getty Images
Welcome to the latest edition of "Pound the Rock," an NBA podcast hosted by Joseph Casciaro and Joe Wolfond.
Topics for this episode include:
- Mitch Kupchak attempts to explain why the Hornets selected Brandon Miller second overall
- Did the Hornets blow it by not trading down to No. 3?
- Breaking down every draft-day trade
- What the Celtics are getting in Kristaps Porzingis - and losing in Marcus Smart
- How the shape of Boston's defense is going to change
- Can Porzingis sustain his newfound scoring efficiency?
- How Smart fits in Memphis, both during Ja Morant's suspension and after it ends
- Will spacing be an issue?
- Can Smart replace Dillon Brooks and Tyus Jones simultaneously?
- Washington's new front office played the hand it was dealt and ultimately made out OK in the Bradley Beal and Kristaps Porzingis trades
- Why Jordan Poole makes sense as an upside swing for the Wizards
- Does Chris Paul make sense in Golden State? Can he play alongside Steph Curry? Will he fit into Steve Kerr's offensive system, or will Kerr have to meet him in the middle? Do the Warriors even have anyone for him to run pick-and-roll with?
- The Mavs made out like bandits on draft night
- The Kings' cap-space play brings exciting possibilities
- The Thunder always do what they have to do to draft their guy
- Former Clippers Jackson and Jordan carry Nuggets past L.A. without Jokic
- Embiid gets 6th career triple-double to help 76ers rout Lakers
- LeBron passes Kareem for most minutes played in NBA history
- NBA MVP rankings: Crowded field muddies Embiid's chance at repeat
- Kyrie likens Nets tenure to 'the girl that got away'