NBA Podcast: Reflecting on Nuggets' title, pondering Heat's future
Jesse D. Garrabrant / NBA / Getty
Welcome to the latest edition of "Pound the Rock," an NBA podcast hosted by Joseph Casciaro and Joe Wolfond.
Topics for this episode include:
- Looks like we made it
- How the Nuggets answered every question with a 16-4 romp to the title
- An all-time run from Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray
- Dispelling the "easy path" narrative
- Defense still wins championships, and Denver's proved to be the real deal
- Jokic's individual defense played a huge part
- No one has found a solution for the Jokic-Murray two-man game, and Miami tried absolutely everything
- How the Nuggets' offense helps their defense
- Denver got lucky landing Jokic with the 41st pick, but Tim Connelly and Calvin Booth made all the right moves to put a championship team around him
- Bruce Brown will be sorely missed
- The historical rarity of having five different champions across five years
- Is parity here to stay?
- What's next for the Heat?
- Can the front office pull another rabbit out of a hat and land another star?
- This team is approaching luxury-tax hell
- What's Tyler Herro's value?
- Somehow, Miami will continue to find a way
- Let's not retroactively litigate Joel Embiid's MVP