NBA Podcast: Spurs win lottery, WCF Game 1, 76ers' future, Celtics-Heat preview
Robert Gauthier / L.A. Times / Getty Images
Welcome to the latest edition of "Pound the Rock," an NBA podcast hosted by Joseph Casciaro and Joe Wolfond.
Topics for this episode include:
- The Spurs won the lottery and the right to draft a generational big man for the third time
- Takeaways from Game 1 of the Western Conference finals after the Nuggets survived a Lakers onslaught for a narrow win
- Is Rui Hachimura L.A's long-term solution for Nikola Jokic?
- How mismatch-hunting worked for LeBron James and the Lakers, and how the Nuggets can respond
- Ja Morant continues to brandish firearms and imperil his career
- The 76ers suffered yet another dispiriting second-round defeat. Where do they go from here?
- Does James Harden's impending free agency put Philadelphia in a lose-lose situation?
- Why a new short-term deal for Harden could benefit both sides
- Is a team led by Harden and Joel Embiid destined to come up short?
- Have we finally run out of excuses for Embiid?
- Have these Sixers reached a dead end, or can they still get over the hump?
- Did Doc Rivers and Monty Williams deserve their fate?
- Should we have expected more from the Suns this postseason?
- Phoenix's offseason could decide the success of the Kevin Durant trade
- Breaking down Celtics-Heat
- Is this Miami team better or worse than last year's version?
- Will the Celtics continue to start their two-big lineup? If not, is Kevin Love playable in this series?
- Who will Robert Williams guard?
- Can Boston slow the Heat's offense by finding a happy medium between the Bucks' and Knicks' defensive game plans?
- How aggressive can the Celtics afford to be with their help?
- Former Clippers Jackson and Jordan carry Nuggets past L.A. without Jokic
- Embiid gets 6th career triple-double to help 76ers rout Lakers
- LeBron passes Kareem for most minutes played in NBA history
- NBA MVP rankings: Crowded field muddies Embiid's chance at repeat
- Kyrie likens Nets tenure to 'the girl that got away'