Report: LeBron hopes to return before end of regular season
LeBron James hopes to return within the final three-to-four games of the Los Angeles Lakers' regular season, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
James has missed the past 12 contests due to a tendon injury in his right foot, with Los Angeles going 7-5 during that span.
The Lakers' final four meetings of the 2022-23 campaign include a pair of matchups against the Utah Jazz as well as tilts versus the Los Angeles Clippers and Phoenix Suns.
However, the four-time Finals MVP later dismissed that reported timeline.
James has already begun on-court activity and is on a "gradual basketball movement progression," the team announced, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin.
James was averaging 29.5 points, 8.4 boards, 6.9 assists, and 0.9 steals prior to being sidelined.
Los Angeles holds the final play-in tournament spot but sits just 1.5 games back of the Golden State Warriors for the West's No. 6 seed.
- Report: Raptors hiring Grizzlies assistant Rajakovic as head coach
- Butler: Heat must do 'hardest of the hard' to come back from 3-1 hole
- Nuggets hold off Heat, move within 1 win of 1st NBA title
- Report: Heat mascot receives medical attention after punch in McGregor skit
- Bruce Brown delivers for Nuggets in Game 4 of NBA Finals