Grizzlies' Brooks suspended 1 game for striking Cavs' Mitchell in the groin
Brooks was penalized for striking Mitchell in the groin area in an "unsportsmanlike manner." He'll serve his suspension Sunday when Memphis takes on the Toronto Raptors.
The league also docked Mitchell $20,000 for his role in the incident, which took place during Thursday's 128-113 victory for the Cavaliers.
The NBA found that Mitchell "escalated" the situation by throwing the ball at Brooks and physically engaging with him.
Both players were ejected from Thursday's contest.
- Haliburton's career night pushes Pacers past Celtics to reach tourney semis
- Pelicans pull away from Kings to secure In-Season Tournament semifinal berth
- Harden: Morey, 76ers said max contract was coming
- Stock Watch: What's trending in the NBA
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape