Watch: Cavs' Mitchell, Grizzlies' Brooks ejected after scuffle
Things got a little chippy during Thursday's primetime matchup between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Memphis Grizzlies.
Cavs guard Donovan Mitchell and Grizzlies wing Dillon Brooks were both ejected from the game following a scuffle midway through the third quarter.
Brooks' aggressive drive to the rim sparked the incident.
Brooks appeared to deliver a low blow to Mitchell after falling to the floor, prompting the latter to throw the ball in retaliation. The two then shoved one another and had to be separated by teammates and coaches.
Officials gave Mitchell a technical foul, while Brooks was assessed a flagrant-2 foul.
Cleveland eventually prevailed 128-113 over Memphis.
Mitchell didn't hide his feelings about Brooks' behavior postgame.
"Quite frankly, I've been busting his ass for years. Playoffs, regular season," Mitchell told reporters postgame, according to Chris Manning of Locked on Cavs. "In the one game he does an alright job on me today, he decides to do something like that.
"There's no place for that in the game. You gotta protect yourself at the end of the day. But this has been brewing for years. ... It's tough when you can't guard somebody and you can't do something to somebody, you gotta resort to that. And that's what he's done to a lot of players."
- Ingram posts 1st career triple-double to help Pelicans past Hornets
- The T-Wolves found an identity without KAT. Now they have to build on it
- Report: LeBron hopes to return before end of regular season
- New-look Lakers could give LeBron another chance at a deep playoff run
- Report: Mavs to file protest of Warriors loss due to alleged ref mistake