Hawks' Collins out at least 2 weeks with ankle sprain
Collins sustained the injury in the first half of Wednesday's contest against the Orlando Magic and didn't return.
The fifth-year forward has gotten off to a slow start, averaging 12.3 points and shooting a career-low 21.9% from deep.
Atlanta signed Collins to a five-year contract worth $125 million in August 2021. However, the Hawks have reportedly opened preliminary trade discussions about the former first-round pick.
Fellow starter De'Andre Hunter will also be sidelined for a minimum of one week after an MRI confirmed a right hip flexor strain. The Virginia product has struggled to stay healthy early in his career, appearing in only 76 games over the previous two campaigns.
The Hawks inked Hunter to a four-year, $95-million rookie extension on the eve of the 2022-23 campaign.
The two injuries leave the club with a pretty banged-up frontcourt. Clint Capela, Jalen Johnson, and Frank Kaminsky are all questionable for Friday's contest against the Denver Nuggets.
- Report: Doncic day-to-day after spraining ankle vs. Suns
- Captains LeBron, Giannis highlight 2023 All-Star Game starters
- Randle scores 37, Knicks rally to beat Celtics in OT
- Trends to watch: The delicate balance between interior and 3-point defense
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected