Report: Towns out 4-6 weeks with calf strain
However, Towns avoided structural damage to his Achilles tendon, reports The Athletic's Shams Charania.
The 27-year-old big man had to be helped off the floor in the third quarter of Monday's defeat to the Washington Wizards. As he began to run back down the floor, Towns suddenly pulled up in visible discomfort and grabbed the back of his lower right leg.
He appeared to address his impending absence in a tweet earlier Tuesday.
The three-time All-Star is averaging 20.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 5.3 assists through 21 games this season for the 10-11 Timberwolves. However, he's also shooting a career-worst 32.5% from beyond the arc.
- Doncic leaves matchup vs. Suns with ankle sprain
- Captains LeBron, Giannis highlight 2023 All-Star Game starters
- Randle scores 37, Knicks rally to beat Celtics in OT
- Curry takes responsibility for ejection: I 'put the team in a tough place'
- Trends to watch: The delicate balance between interior and 3-point defense