Thunder trade for veteran forward Harkless
Oklahoma City used the $4.9-million disabled player exception acquired from the Chet Holmgren injury to absorb Harkless' $4.5-million salary, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
The trade allows the Hawks to exit the luxury tax. Atlanta acquired Harkless in the Kevin Huerter trade with the Sacramento Kings earlier in the offseason.
The Hawks also amended the conditions on a previously traded 2025 second-round pick to the Thunder, changing it to be top-40 protected.
Krejci averaged 6.2 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists in 30 games during his rookie campaign with the Thunder last season.
Harkless, a nine-year veteran, averaged 4.6 points and 2.4 rebounds in 47 games last campaign with the Kings.
- LeBron downplays exchange that led to Udoka ejection: We talked about Thanksgiving
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Thunder rally after allowing late 30-0 run to thwart Mavs in Doncic's return
- Strus, Garland each drop 22, Cavaliers hand Pistons 17th straight loss
- Bridges electrifies as Nets snap Magic's record-tying 9-game win streak