Spurs' Johnson out for preseason due to dislocated shoulder
San Antonio Spurs forward Keldon Johnson will miss the entire preseason after sustaining a right shoulder posterior dislocation during an open gym scrimmage, the team announced Saturday, per Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated.
Johnson is already rehabbing the injury and is expected to be back for the Spurs' regular-season opener on Oct. 19 against the Charlotte Hornets.
The former first-round pick is coming off his best NBA campaign, averaging 17 points, 6.1 boards, and 2.1 assists over 75 appearances in 2021-22.
San Antonio rewarded Johnson for his breakout season earlier this summer, inking the Kentucky product to a four-year, $80-million contract extension. He's expected to take on a bigger role this upcoming campaign after the departure of All-Star guard Dejounte Murray.
- LeBron downplays exchange that led to Udoka ejection: We talked about Thanksgiving
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Thunder rally after allowing late 30-0 run to thwart Mavs in Doncic's return
- Strus, Garland each drop 22, Cavaliers hand Pistons 17th straight loss
- Bridges electrifies as Nets snap Magic's record-tying 9-game win streak