Doncic erupts for EuroBasket's best scoring performance in 65 years
Luka Doncic put in one of international basketball's best performances ever in Slovenia's 88-82 win Wednesday over France at EuroBasket 2022.
The Dallas Mavericks talent poured in 47 points on 15-of-23 shooting from the field, ranking second for the most points in a single game in the tournament's history.
Doncic also had seven rebounds, five assists, and four steals as Slovenia took control of the top spot in Group B with the Round of 16 next.
Belgium guard Eddy Terrace still owns the EuroBasket record with his 63-point showing against Albania in 1957. However, Doncic overtook Greek legend Nikos Galis, whose 46 points in 1983 against Sweden had long stood as the second-best mark.
Doncic and Slovenia will next face Belgium when the Round of 16 begins Saturday. The Belgians finished fourth in Group A behind Spain, Turkey, and Montenegro.
- LeBron passes Magic for 6th on NBA's all-time assists list
- Can the 76ers sustain their improved defense when the starting backcourt returns?
- Iverson: David Stern asked me to change controversial lyrics by rapping them
- Hayes' clutch shooting lifts Pistons past Mavs in OT
- Draymond fined $25K for 'obscene language' to Mavs fan