Report: 76ers signing Harrell to 2-year deal
The contract reportedly contains a player option.
Sixers bench boss Doc Rivers coached Harrell on the Los Angeles Clippers where the big man won Sixth Man of the Year in the 2019-20 season, averaging 18.6 points and 7.1 rebounds off the bench.
Philadelphia ranked 28th in bench scoring last season, just behind the Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors.
Harrell split last season between the Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets, averaging 13.1 points and 6.1 rebounds while shooting 64.5% from the field in 71 contests.
Harrell was charged with marijuana trafficking in May, which was reduced to misdemeanor possession at the end of August. The charge will be expunged from the 28-year-old's record if he avoids additional legal trouble for 12 months.
- LeBron passes Magic for 6th on NBA's all-time assists list
- Can the 76ers sustain their improved defense when the starting backcourt returns?
- Middleton eager to shake off rust in season debut with Bucks
- Iverson: David Stern asked me to change controversial lyrics by rapping them
- Hayes' clutch shooting lifts Pistons past Mavs in OT