Report: Wall exercises $47.4M player option for 2022-23
Wall and the Rockets are expected to work through a resolution in the near future, adds Charania.
Houston acquired the five-time All-Star and a 2023 lottery-protected first-round pick from the Washington Wizards two years ago in exchange for Russell Westbrook.
Wall has made only 40 appearances with the Rockets, averaging 20.6 points, 6.9 assists, and 1.1 steals. He sat out the entire 2021-22 campaign as the club worked with him on finding a new team, but Houston couldn't strike a deal with another squad.
Wall reportedly informed the Rockets last November that he wanted to rejoin the active roster as a starter, but he remained on the sidelines as the franchise planned to have him come off the bench.
- Hornets hire Clifford for 2nd stint as head coach
- The 5 most interesting storylines from the NBA's 2022 draft
- Magic select Paolo Banchero with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Report: Duren, Kemba heading to Pistons in 3-way deal with Knicks, Hornets
- Undrafted Free-Agent Tracker: Follow signings after 2022 NBA Draft