Report: Batum to test free agency after declining $3.3M player option
It is expected that the Clippers and Batum will have mutual interest in reaching a new deal in July, Wojnarowski notes.
Batum, 33, is coming off two seasons in Los Angeles where he averaged 8.2 points on 40.2% 3-point shooting, 4.5 rebounds, two assists, and one steal. The French forward rebuilt his value after he was waived by the Charlotte Hornets ahead of the final season of a five-year, $120-million contract in November 2020.
Batum, who's entering his 15th NBA campaign, will likely be the Clippers' top free agent in July. He will join guard Rodney Hood and center Isaiah Hartenstein on the club's list of unrestricted free agents, per Spotrac.
- Hornets hire Clifford for 2nd stint as head coach
- The 5 most interesting storylines from the NBA's 2022 draft
- Magic select Paolo Banchero with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Report: Duren, Kemba heading to Pistons in 3-way deal with Knicks, Hornets
- Undrafted Free-Agent Tracker: Follow signings after 2022 NBA Draft