Robert Williams returns to lineup, Smart misses Game 4
Smart was considered questionable earlier in the day but is still experiencing significant swelling, Celtics head coach Ime Udoka told reporters pregame, according to The Athletic's Jay King.
The Defensive Player of the Year averaged 15.8 points, 6.8 assists, 4.2 boards, and 1.2 steals over 12 playoff appearances.
Fifth-year guard Derrick White started in Smart's place, posting 13 points, eight boards, six assists, and three steals in 41 minutes of play.
Williams sat out Game 3 with left knee soreness and missed five of the last seven contests. He had 12 points, nine boards, and two blocks in Monday's blowout victory.
The 6-foot-8 center was sidelined for nearly a month of action after sustaining a torn meniscus in his left knee during the late stages of the regular season. Williams registered 10 points, 9.6 boards, 2.2 blocks, and two assists per game in his first campaign as a full-time starter.
- Kyrie exercising $37M option with Nets for 2022-23: 'See you in the fall'
- Top 25 NBA free agents: The biggest names potentially available this summer
- Bulls' Karnisovas hoping to re-sign LaVine 'for a long time'
- Report: Rockets, John Wall heading toward split
- Report: Beal very likely to opt out, re-sign with Wizards on 5-year deal