Butler leaves Game 3 due to knee inflammation
The injury isn't considered serious, and there's a strong possibility Butler won't miss Game 4, sources told Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes. Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said the 32-year-old won't require an MRI, according to ESPN's Nick Friedell.
Butler registered eight points, three rebounds, two assists, and two steals in 20 first-half minutes. He entered Saturday averaging 35 points through the series' first two games.
The All-Star missed Game 5 of the Heat's first-round series against the Atlanta Hawks with the same injury.
Miami still won Saturday's contest 109-103 and took a 2-1 lead in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Report: Jazz finalizing deal to name Celtics assistant Hardy as head coach
- Report: Westbrook to exercise $47.1M option
- Kyrie exercising $37M option with Nets for 2022-23: 'See you in the fall'
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Top 25 NBA free agents: The biggest names potentially available this summer