Hornets GM Kupchak signs multi-year contract extension
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Mitch Kupchak has signed a multiyear contract extension to remain the Charlotte Hornets' general manager.
Kupchak’s contract was set to expire this summer.
“For better or for worse, I will be here for the next couple of years,” Kupchak said Thursday on a videoconference call. He would not say when the contract expires.
The 67-year-old Kupchak will continue to lead the team’s search for a coach.
He said the team already has interviewed “eight to 10 candidates” and could speak with a few more over the next week or so. He prefers to make a hire in the next two weeks and at the very latest before the June 23 NBA draft.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/nba and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Murray, Banchero feud on social media after testy pro-am game
- Draymond, Kuzma say Austin Reaves should keep 'Hillbilly Kobe' nickname
- Report: Bulls, Vucevic have mutual interest in contract extension
- Lowry tried to get Vince Carter back to the Raptors
- Rich Paul: LeBron had 'productive' extension talks with Lakers