Russ shakes off T-Wolves' taunts: They haven't 'done anything in this league'
Following the Los Angeles Lakers' 124-104 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, Westbrook said the T-Wolves players' trash-talking directed his way didn't bother him because "nobody over there has done anything in this league," per Spectrum SportsNet.
Beverley took to Twitter after learning of Westbrook's comments and offered a response to the struggling Lakers guard by listing his accomplishments in the Association.
Westbrook and Beverley's distaste for one another dates back to the 2013 playoffs when the latter's antics led to Westbrook tearing his meniscus. On separate occasions, Westbrook claimed Beverley only pretends to play defense and "runs around doing nothing."
Beverley and the T-Wolves ultimately got the last laugh by handing the Lakers their third straight double-digit loss and eighth defeat in their last 10 games.
Westbrook's struggles also amused Beverley's teammate, Karl-Anthony Towns. After Westbrook chucked an air ball, Towns mockingly investigated around the basket to see if a gust of wind may have led to the miss.
Los Angeles (29-40) holds a one-game lead over the New Orleans Pelicans for the No. 9 seed in the Western Conference.
- This postseason proved that defense still rules the NBA
- Hornets hire Clifford for 2nd stint as head coach
- The 5 most interesting storylines from the NBA's 2022 draft
- Undrafted Free-Agent Tracker: Follow signings after 2022 NBA Draft
- Report: Duren, Kemba heading to Pistons in 3-way deal with Knicks, Hornets