Jokic's 49-point triple-double powers Nuggets to thrilling OT win
The reigning NBA MVP finished with 49 points, 14 boards, 10 assists, three steals, and one block in 41 minutes of play.
Jokic completed his league-leading 10th triple-double of the season in style, hitting teammate Aaron Gordon on a ridiculous cross-court pass for the game-winning basket.
"If Nikola Jokic isn't the MVP, who is?" Denver head coach Michael Malone said postgame, according to Ryan Blackburn of Denver Stiffs.
"Do you guys understand how much attention he gets? He gets double and triple-teamed all game and has 49 points," Malone added, per Harrison Wind of DNVR Sports.
Jokic already owns the Nuggets' franchise record for triple-doubles and is seventh overall on the Association's all-time leaderboard with 67 for his career. He entered Wednesday's contest ranked in the NBA's top 10 in points (25.3 per game), rebounds (13.9), and assists (7.4) this season.
Denver is now 23-20 and sits sixth in the Western Conference.
- Luka keeps faith with Mavs down 3-1: 'I still believe we can win'
- Luka, Mavericks extend West finals with Game 4 win over Warriors
- Jokic, Curry highlight 2021-22 All-NBA Teams
- Report: Teams asking Lakers for 1st-rounder in Westbrook trade talks
- Warriors, Mavs delayed 16 minutes by leaky roof after halftime