Zion's return delayed after injury setback
Williamson was held out of Thursday's practice because of the discomfort. The Pelicans will decrease his workload before ramping him back up again next week, Lopez adds.
The 21-year-old was recently cleared to participate in full basketball activities, which marked the latest positive step in his recovery from a fractured right foot that he underwent surgery to repair in late September. It's unclear how long Williamson's setback could delay his return, although the Pelicans notably haven't scheduled any reimaging of his foot, Lopez notes.
Williamson has been limited to 85 games since entering the NBA but has looked impressive when available. The Duke product is averaging 25.7 points on 60.4% shooting and seven rebounds for his career.
New Orleans is currently 6-18 this season as its star remains out of the lineup.
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul
- Harden's triple-double powers Nets past Spurs
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Jaren Jackson's defensive leap is powering the Grizzlies' rise