Retired center Gortat rescued after running out of gas while boating
Rest easy, central Florida, Marcin Gortat is safe and sound.
Gortat was briefly trapped on an Orlando lake after his boat ran out of gas. However, a good Samaritan came to the retired NBA center's aid on Tuesday:
The Polish Hammer averaged 9.9 points and 7.9 rebounds per game in a career that featured stops with the Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, Washington Wizards, and Los Angeles Clippers.
Gortat hung up his sneakers for good after the 2018-19 season, evidently to devote more time to his true passion - cosplaying as Tom Hanks' character in the film "Castaway."
- In a volatile East final, Celtics find stability with pick-and-roll defense
- Tatum wants positionless All-NBA voting after Embiid's 1st-team snub
- Luka keeps faith with Mavs down 3-1: 'I still believe we can win'
- Jokic, Curry highlight 2021-22 All-NBA Teams
- Celtics at Heat betting preview: Boston to carry momentum into Game 5