Report: 76ers hopeful Embiid will return Saturday vs. T-Wolves
The Philadelphia 76ers are optimistic All-Star center Joel Embiid will clear the league's health and safety protocols in time to face the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
If not Saturday, the Sixers will shift their attention to next Monday's home game against the Orlando Magic as a potential return for last season's MVP finalist.
Embiid has missed the last eight games due to protocols, and his arrival cannot come soon enough for a 10-8 Sixers team that is 2-6 in his absence.
Prior to the league-mandated hiatus, Embiid was averaging 21.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, and four assists per game. Embiid will not be with the team for Wednesday's visit to the Golden State Warriors, who boast the NBA's best record at 15-2.
- Nets owner Tsai backs coach, GM amid reported Durant standoff
- Report: Sexton, Cavs remain at standstill on new contract
- Murray, Banchero feud on social media after testy pro-am game
- Draymond, Kuzma say Austin Reaves should keep 'Hillbilly Kobe' nickname
- Report: Bulls, Vucevic have mutual interest in contract extension